20190122 WRARC Monthly Meeting
Called to order by Mike at 1933.
15 attendees: Ken Douglas KY4KD, Russel Chaney KN4OHD, Dennis Weiskicher K3KZU, John Lewis WD4LEW, John Wulf KYFT, Peter Rock KJ4ND, Ken Whitehouse N4JLT, Roger Parsons KG4VCR, Doug Collins KA4SWT, Chris Galbreath KG4UQL, Mike May KF4FMO, Andy Rose KI6SEP, George Coomer KM4QOY, John Modlin KT3K, Bill Waldschmidt W9WA
Minutes from November approved (there was no formal December meeting)
Treasurer’s Report (Ken Douglas)
$1,129.95 price for 2nd Icom 7300 + 30A power supply. Cash from treasury will be only $59. Breakdown:
$450 from sale of Icom 706 MKII to Janie & Andy
$400 from sale of Icom 718 to Ken Douglas
$100 donation from Bill Waldschmidt for 7300
$100 rebate due.
$20 Ken Whitehouse donation for 7300
Activities Report (George Coomer)
Recent DStar. Down from previous but conflict with NFL playoff.
Next DStar at 2/4/19 at 2000
Requested ideas or special interests for upcoming activities.
In our last regular meeting, November, Ken D mentioned an email from the Berea check-in group expressing concern they had not heard from John Lewis for some time & wanted to know if he was OK. John is hale, hearty and in attendance tonight!
Guest of George Coomer: KT3K, John Modlin. 15 year Danville resident.
Kentucky QSO Party. Club has opportunity to sponsor a plaque for $50 for all expenses including shipping. 10 categories for placks. Dennis forward, 2nd, passed by voice
Need another micro SD card for 2nd 7300. Ken Whitehouse has one to donate.
Ken D: Post 42 in Bards County has a group of hams would like to do something similar to what we do here. Some of them visited here recently and were very impressed with our shack and its equipment. First issue is that Post 42 does not have a facility. (They meet in the library)
· Good turn out from Club
· Hand hold in circle by all attendees – so many people they half filled room!
· Except for ham club, all others went to bar to watch game! Hams stayed and ate 😉
Discussion on how individual members can get Legion hats – all the one obtained by Tony have been given out.
· Agreed it would be nice for all to have a hat when we attend events as well as when we support public events (such as the Bourbon Chase Relay Race)
· Send email to all members to determine interest for Legion/Club hats => if a larger quantity of hats is ordered it helps with discount. If >=12 around $20 each.
· Probably want all in same color.
· Hats will be embroidered with the WRARC-W4CDA above the American Legion logo and POST 46 DANVILLE, KY beneath (see attached)
2008 Business Meeting Adjorn @ 2008
Power Point presentation explaining the Club starting a Group on “groups.io” for emails as well as potentially for file posting. Presentation will be posted to the Group’s file section
Suggestion made by several that the Invite to join should be sent out again with an explanation that the Invite is for our Club and is replacing the hand maintained email list.