20190226 February WRARC Monthly Meeting
12 Attendees: Mike May, Ken Whitehouse, Dan Lubinski, Bill Waldschmidt, John Lewis, George Coomer, Andy Rose, John Wulf, Doug Collins, Ken Douglas, Russel Chaney, Chis Galbreath
Called to order by Mike May @ 1931
Minutes: motion to accept as published
Treasure’s Report. (Ken Douglas)
- Rebate of $100 for new Icom 7300 has not arrived yet.
- $50 check mailed to Kentucky QSO Party Plaque Fund. Turns out we won the plaque we’d purchased!
- Purchased flowers for delivery to Bennie’s widow, Ellen, for $31.80. Thank you card from her, passed around.
- Wreaths Across America gave the Club a $50 rebate for finding sponsors for the wreaths.
Activities (George Coomer)
- D-Start Net:
- 25 check-ins from 7 states;
- 3 people had questions for VA advisor, a new resource attendee here.
- April 23 & 24 film crew. Writing an article for CQ how an Amateur
Radio Club interfaces with the Legion at a Port. Likely will be on Legion web site as well.
- As many operators who are Legion members: wear Post & Ham clothing.
- Will be our April meeting instead of our standard business.
- Want lots of Club members & Post members as well.
- Be nice if we can order and receive hats in time for this. (Will send 2nd email)
- CQ is world-wide
- 3rd year in a row we won same class in Ky QSO Party. Multiple Operator Fixed station
- Ken W’s donated SD card is installed and working in the 7300.
- Morning after American Legion Post 42 visited us from Bardstown, one of them called to keep an eye open for his keys. A bit later he & Ken talked again & he had found them.
- Hats: 5 desired so far, 2 more in meeting (John & Russell)
- Ken D:
- Phone call from Bennie’s widow asking if the Club could help sell his gear
- Radio Shack SWR & power meter; New price was ~$50, selling for $15. Covers 3-30MHz, switchable up to 2kW.
- Kenwood 2m-only, 65W. Still in production $130 used, new $150-$200; sell for $95 including remote speaker. Model TM 281A including power cord (no mounting bracket, no programming cable)
- TS530 Kenwood transceiver with some cosmetic issues – needs sanding of case & touchup painting. Going used $250~300; sell for $100-150. AC power needed as tube final 120 W on lower bands.
Adjourn business at 2001 (motion by John Lewis, 2nd by Chris)
Program: Mike May. How to build your own 300 ohm twin lead roll up jpole antenna. (following for details, lessons learned)