Meeting called to order by President Mike May at 19:30
In attendance: 14 members, Chris Galbreath (KG4UQL), Daniel Lubinski (KD0HYA), Doug Collins (KA4SWT), George Coomer (KM4QOY), George Greibe (WQ4Z), John Wulf (K4FT), Ken Douglas (KY4KD), Mike May (KF4FMQ), Roger Parsons (KG4VCR), Ron Gaddis (AC4NE), Russel Chaney (KN4OHD), Sharon Greibe (KE4INO), William Waldenschmidt (W9WA), and Andy Rose (KI6SEP).
The minutes of our previous meeting January 28, 2020 were posted to the Club’s email group 2/1. Motion made to accept as posted, passed by acclimation.
Treasurer’s Report (Ken Douglas)
· Purchased HEPA filter cartridge + 2 prefilters $67.07 as approved at last month’s meeting. Installed and Shack smells cleaner.
Activities (George Coomer)
· This month’s American Legion Amateur Radio Club Special Event Station operation will commemorate the 101st Anniversary of the founding of The American Legion, March 15-17, 1919. While the three-day period is typical for the full observance, K9TAL operations will be limited to one day, Saturday, March 14, 2020, from 1300 to 1900 EDT [1700Z-2300Z]. NOTE: Daylight Saving Time goes into effect on Sunday, March 8.
Call sign for the Special Event will be K9TAL, with operations on 20m, 40m, IRLP, and EchoLink. Full information on the Special Event – to include instructions for receiving a Certificate and a QSL card for those who QSO with K9TAL – is on the K9TAL page of the QRZ.com website.
Because the Special Event is on the second Saturday of March, the regular 20m and EchoLink nets will not operate on that day.
· Monthly TALARC National D-Star Net: (for details, see George’s TALARC D-Star Net Report included at end of these minutes)
February 3, 2020: 40 check-ins (including Net Control) from 10 states and 1 Canadian Province
Next: this coming Monday, 3/2 at 20:00. All are welcome to come to our shack to participate. The net is on Reflector 56C
· weekly TALARC 80M every Wednesday at 1930 at 3.862 MHz ç NEW frequency!
· weekly Kentucky D-Star every Thurs at 19:00 on Reflector 56B
· weekly TALARC Quad Net every Thurs at 20:00 on Reflector XRF 757A
Next VE Session April 25 (Saturday)
Next Breakfast: Friday, 3/6 at 9 AM at Red Rooster’s (AJ’s)
Dennis was quite sick with viral pneumonia. Now much improved but still recovering. Even made it to this month’s breakfast. Unable to attend tonight so his resolution regarding purchasing discussion will be deferred until he is able to attend.
Ken: As a result of the special event station for the Post’s Centennial, Commander Tony purchased commemorative pens that were passed out at the November meeting. Additional pens passed out tonight for those not present at the November meeting. Still not able to get it to all members
· Roger Parson’s stepson in physical therapy for recovery. 47% capacity. DA asked if they were willing to drop to misdemeanor – Roger and stepson not interested. Hit & run: 5 – 10 year if convicted. Found the person who attacked stepson has a long history of violence locally and in other states.
· Harold recovering from shoulder surgery, getting better every day.
· Bernie is going through a bout of cancer and chemo.
· Dennis viral pneumonia.
Mike: 60th Anniversary of WRARC this December. Consider if we want to have a special event – something to think about over the upcoming months and then we’ll make a decision.
Ken: Cmdr Tony donated $1,200 from Post to Club to get started on trailer conversions for EmComm use. Chris has a detailed proposal and this money covers the first two items. Basic walls, insulation, feed-throughs. Will be needing all of us to help do the work.
Chris: Wreaths-Across-America will allow us to start taking orders/donations even now. Each $15 wreath sold nets us $5. Good way to fund trailer.
Ken: new member Odis Carroll, W4IOD. Very active ham living in Stamping Ground (which is slightly North of a line between Frankfort & Georgetown)
Business meeting adjourn at 19:54
Mike May: home brew microphone.
Reminder: date of Bourbon Chase 2020: October 23, 2020
Meeting adjourned 2023