November 23, 2021 Wilderness Road Amateur Radio Club Monthly Meeting Minutes.
Meeting via Dennis’ Zoom account. (Thanks Dennis!)
Meeting called to order by President Mike May at 1934.
Attendees: 13 members;
- Ken Douglass (KY4KD), Peter Rock (KJ4ND), Dennis Weiskircher (K3KZU), Mike May (KF4FMQ), David Sexton (AE4YM), Andy Rose (KI6SEP), Bill Waldschmidt (W9WA), Larry Roberts (WE4LR), David Jewett (KN4ZOA), Ray Whitehouse (KY4RW), Harold Miller (AF6NB), Gene Klaus (KO4IVI), Janie Taylor (KI6SER).
Previous meeting was October 26, 2021. Motion to accept Minutes of that meeting as published (via email) by Dennis, 2nd by Harold. Passed by acclimation.
- Starting balance.
- $163.00 Income: sale of equipment from trailer at a Hamfest thanks to Chris & Doug
- $0 Expenses
- Ending/current balance.
Past Activities Report:
- TALARC D-STAR: Monday, November 1. There were 44 total check-ins including Net Control from 20 states. (20 states may be a record). The Legion announcements were read by Gene KO4IVI. The “Veterans After Net” was conducted by Gene KO4IVI as well. (see Appendix for details)
- Monthly coffee via Zoom: Friday, November 5, 9 A.M.
- Fox hunt introductory event held Saturday, November 13 outside at the Post with seven (7) club members attending. Two hidden transmitters were used. One “fox” was located on the post grounds and the second was hidden over 2 miles away. Both foxes were successfully located with the long-distance fox being found by KO4LLX, Tom Allen. Lots of fun by all.
- Club dues for 2022 continue to be accepted.
- Full Legion members are $30 and can be paid online with a credit card www.legion.org and click on “Renew”.
- Sons of the American Legion are $20 and can be paid by check.
- Legion Associate Members are $30 and can be paid by check.
All checks should be made out to “The American Legion Post 46” and mailed to Ken:
108 Chandler Dr.
- Post’s November meeting occurred.
- Election of Club Officers + two directors
- President: Mike May; nominated by Dennis, 2nd by Peter; Elected by acclimation.
- Vice President: Chris Galbreath; nominated David, 2nd by Bill; Elected by acclimation.
- Treasurer: Ken Douglass; nominated by Dennis, 2nd by Larry; Elected by acclimation.
- Secretary No nominations -> still open
- Activities: Peter Rock; nominated by Ken, 2nd by Bill; Elected by acclimation.
- Two Directors: Ray Whitehouse is willing to continue & Dennis Weiskircher was nominated to fill the vacancy resulting from John Wulf (K4FT) leaving the area; nominated by Ken, 2nd by Peter; Both elected by acclimation. Note: We have 4 directors each serving for two years. The other two directors, Bill and Doug, have terms lasting one more year.
- Future Activities:
- TALARC D-STAR: Monday, December 6 at 2000. Check-ins over the air on DStar reflector 56C or via Echo Link. Early check-ins start 45 minutes before the Net, i.e. from 1915 on. Remember you can check in via EchoLink from your computer or smartphone to either node KY4RW-L or use EchoLink’s search mode on “Danville”. Club members only: Ken will check you in if you send him a text during the net.
- Monthly Coffee via Zoom Friday, December 3, 9 AM.
- No activities planned due to holidays
- Next Monthly meeting: Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 1930, open forum at 1900.
Motion to Adjourn by Janie, 2nd by Bill; Passed by acclimation. Adjourned at 2023.
Minutes respectfully submitted