Notes – Meeting December 6. 2016 – Christmas Party

The WRARC held it’s Christmas meeting at Mallards in Danville. Those present included: Tereasa Durham KE4FQL,George Coomer KM4QOY, John Wulf K4FT and Debbie, Doug Collins KE4SWT, Joel Haberman KU4KD, Zenah Teater KK4IYY, Denise Kasell (Guest), Don Stivers KM4OL and Patty, John Lewis WD4LEW, Mike May KF4FMQ George Griebe WQ4Z, Sharon Griebe KE4INO, Ken Douglass KM4FRM and Sandi Douglass, David Pleasants KM4PDI,Bennie Kessler KB4UPW, Juerg Weidman KK4JW and Claudia, Bill Waldschmidt W9WA and Cathy, Bernie Hunstad KU4TPW and Susan, Peter Rock KJ4NR and Eve, John Montgomery K4OH .

Orders for dinner started about 6:25 PM. President John Montgomery asked Bill Waldschmidt to give a blessing.
Sharon Griebe passed the November minutes around for each to read on their own. There was no treasurer report; however several members paid their dues which would increase the total..
If you did not pay your 2017 WRARC memberships at this meeting, then please send your payment of $ 20 single or $ 30 for family membership to:
Ken Douglass KM4FRM
108 Chandler Drive
Danville, Kentucky 40422

No old business was discussed.

New Business:
Tereasa Durham brought several Field Day pictures from a Field Day at George Griebe’s home around 1995.

SOCIAL: The club’s coffee get together on Friday mornings at 9am at the McDonalds on Perryville road in the shopping center by Big Lots has been a success. The next scheduled get together will be December 16. at the same location at McDonalds.

TEST SESSION: John said that the next test session will be held on January 28 around 10 AM. This will be at the Red Cross Building AT 454 South Third Street in Danville. He said he has registered the following 2017 Test dates with the ARRL.

The 2017 Schedule will continue to be the 4th Saturday every quarter beginning January 28, 2015.
January 28, April 22, July 22, October 28
Same time: 10:00am
Same Place: Red Cross 454 S. 3rd St. Danville, KY 40422
Contact VEC John Wulf at k4ft@bellsouth.net

The WRARC 2017 Planned contests are as follows:
Saturday February 4 10-10 Int. Winter Contest SSB 12 PM
Saturday March 4 ARRL Int DX Contest SSB 12 PM
Saturday April 15 Holyland DX ES OPen and More 12 PM
Saturday May 6 ARI Int DX Contest 12 PM
Saturday and Sunday June 24-25 ARRL Field Day
Saturday August 26 YO DX HFContest 12 PM
Weekend of September 23 CQWW RTTY @ K4FT home
Saturday October 7 Oceania DX Contest SSB 3 PM
Saturday November 11 Kentucky QSO Party !!

ED DURHAM ESTATE: Tereasa Durham said that she has some of Ed’s equipment for sale. If you want to buy be fair and reasonable as the equipment has been taken care of and most have boxes and manuals. Below is a list of what is available NOW. She has more but has not gone thru it. . She can be contacted at 859.339.5862 and since she works different hours leave a message or text her and she will get back to you as soon as she can.

Yaesu ft2000, Icom Dstar id880h, new signal link(for digital operations), Kenwood tm733 dual band, mfj versa tuner 962d, ameritron 811h (she thinks it’s a h), yaesu ft767, yaesu ft60, icom icr75 receiver, mini tuner, 2 dstar ht’s 1 uhf and 1 dual band, rasberry pi (ed was going to use with dstar), gap titian hf vertical antenna (you will have to take down off of deck) and a dipole wire antenna. For those car people, she has his Mustang GT with less than 40,000 miles. New tires and battery last year. Manual trans. Folks i have ridden in this and it is a runner.

Again the new WRARC Club Officers will take office in January 2017
ELECTION:.
President – John Montgomery- K4OH
VP – Mike May – KF4FMQ
Treasure – Ken Douglass – KM4FRM
Secretary – Chris Galbreath – KG4UQL
Activity Dir – George Coomer – KM4QOY

Board of Directors:
Doug Collins – KA4SWT
Joel Haberman – KU4KD
George Griebe – WQ4Z
William (Bill) Waldschmidt – W9WA

The next dinner before the WRARC meeting will be at Cheddars in Danville at 6:00 PM.

Submitted to members of the WRARC
by Sharon Griebe KE4INO
Acting secretary for Secretary Chris / KG4UQL

Minutes – Meeting November 1. 2016

The WRARC held it’s regular meeting at the Red Cross building in Danville. Those present
were: KG4UQL, KA4SWT, KE4FQL, WD4LEW, KK4IYY, KU4KD, KM4OLL, K4FT, KM4FRM, WQ4Z, W9WA, KB4UPW, KI6SEP, KI4SXS, K4OH, KE4INO, KF4FMQ, KM4QOY AND K4UKB.
This will be along list of minutes so all need to read as it has lots of news and dates.
The meeting was called to order at 7:32pm by president John Montgomery. The minutes from the Oct meeting were asked to be read. Chris read the minutes from the Oct meeting.
Marshall made the motion to accept the minutes as read. Bill 2nd the motion and the motion was accepted by the members present.
John asked for a treasury report. Ken reported that there was no change from last month. The balance was the same $1366.92 and from now on those paying in cash will get a receipt for there records that they paid. The Christmas dinner is when we collect dues for next year so plan on attending the dinner and paying you club dues.
— OLD BUSINESS 
REPEATER: Marshall reported that he and Chris had went to the repeater site and charged the battery. Connected to repeater so if the power goes out we have battery power and the repeater will trickel charge the battery. Chris also said that it looked like someone finally came up and checked on the generator according to the maintenance sheet which has been sometime last done. So we will have power from that if power goes out.
SOCIAL: The club has started a coffee get together on Friday mornings at 9am at the McDonalds on Perryville road in the shopping center with Big Lots. This right now is every other week. The next one will be held NOVEMBER 11th. Marshall said quite a few showed up for these socials.
— NEW BUSINESS 
UHF REPEATER: Sharon said that she had gotten the repeater off the insurance policy after contacting Marshall to get the serial number. The club will get a refund but not sure when or what form it will be in.
SERA DUES: Sharon also reported that SERA dues needed to be paid. John said that it needed to be paid and to pay like normal.
VP: Marshall said he needed to resign from the vice president post. This will be his last meeting as his move to TX is coming soon.
KY QSO PARTY: John Wulf said the Ky QSO Party is the 12th NOV starting at 9am not sure of end time. The numbers that participate is low so he said it might be more fun if members would do from home. This could be a little in club compation for bragging rights.
Those that can operate HF but do not have a radio might be able to operate the club station. Rules and info are on line just google ky qso party.
CLUB TOWER: Marshall asked if there had been any interest in the tower. John Wulf said he had a guy in TN but he backed out as he went a different way. John said we need to just do a blind bid with a starting bid of $300.00 since we got a good price on the antenna. If Chris did not mind those interested could send there bids to him by email Chris said that would be fine and thsi should be a two week bidding. He will send out an email to advise all members so that the members that are not at the meeting would have the info to be fair.
The bidding will END NOV 11th at MIDNIGHT so send your emails to him.
TEST SESSION: John said that the test session held on Oct 22nd yielded 2 techs,3 gen and 1 extra which passed all three test to get the high ticket.
ED DURHAM ESTATE: Tereasa Durham said that she has some of Ed’s equipment for sale. She will not take low ball offers. If you want to buy be fair and reasonable the  equipment has been taken care of and most have boxes and manuals. Below is a list of what is available NOW. She has more but has not gone thru it so don’t asked except for what is listed for now. She will let the Secretary know when more it ready to list. She can be contacted at 859.339.5862 and since she works different hours leave a message or text her and she will get back to you as soon as she can.
Yaesu ft2000, Icom dstar id880h, new signal link(for digital operations), Kenwood tm733 dual band, mfj versa tuner 962d, ameritron 811h(she thinks it’s a h), yaesu ft767, yaesu ft60, icom icr75 receiver, mini tuner, 2 dstar ht’s 1 uhf and 1 dual band, rasberry pi(ed was going to use with dstar), gap titian hf vertical antenna(you will have to take down off of deck) and a dipole wire antenna. For those car people she has his Mustang GT with less than 40,000 miles. New tires and battery last year. Manual trans. Folks i have ridden in this and it is a runner.
CHRISTMAS DINNER: There were two options Depot and Mallard’s. John has called and it looks like MALLARD’S is the location on DEC 6th at 6pm. John had to pay a deposit to hold room so all that let me know you were coming thank you. It looks like 23 people are going to attend. For those that did NOT respond no worries you can still come we just needed a base number to start. PLEASE come we have a good time getting to know one another. You are to pay your own bill as the club is NOT paying for your meal.
ELECTION: Well this is how the election went.
President – John Montgomery- K4OH
VP – Mike May – KF4FMQ
Treasure – Ken Douglass – KM4FRM
Secretary – Chris Galbreath – KG4UQL
Activity Dir – George Coomer – KM4QOY
Board of Directors:
Doug Collins – KA4SWT
Joel Haberman – KU4KD
George Griebe – WQ4Z
William (Bill) Waldschmidt – W9WA
I know this is long but we covered a lot. Please review the dates of events and times.
Check out the web site at www.wrarc.com
Bill made the motion to close the meeting. Marshall 2nd and the meeting closed at 8:31pm.
Hope all are getting this emails if you hear of a member not getting let me know as your email might be wrong on list.
Submitted to members of the WRARC
by Secretary Chris / KG4UQL

Minutes – Meeting October 4. 2016

The WRARC held it’s monthly meeting at the Red Cross building in Danville. Those in
attendance were: KG4UQL, KE4INO, WQ4Z, K4UKB, KB4UPW, K4OH, KJ4ND, KM4FRM,
KM4QOY, WD4LEW, AG4TY, KA4SWT, W9WA and KM4PDI.
The meeting was called to order at 7:30pm by club president John Montgomery. John asked for the minutes from the Sept meeting. Chris read the minutes from that meeting. Marshall made the motion to accept the minutes as read. John Lewis 2nd the motion. The motion was accepted by the members.
John asked for a treasury report. Ken reported that he did get the balance of the antenna sale. This was $200.00 and has brought the club balance to $1366.92. Bill made the motion to accept the report. John Lewis 2nd the motion. The members accepted the report.
OLD BUSINESS 
Repeater: Marshall said all sounds good.
Baluns: John said he has a few made and is testing them to see how well they preform and will keep the members up dated.
QSO Party: Sharon got a plaque in the mail and John showed it to the members. It was for the Minnesota QSO party which was
for 1st place.
GRANT: Marshall said that we were not the only ones that did not receive grant money. The soups on us which is a multi church program did not get any funds. This program feeds around 300 people.
NEW BUSINESS
Bike Trek: Marshall reported he did the bike trek. Members that did this event in the past never got any notice of the event.
Marshall said it was just a one day event this year and all went well but had not reports if there were any problems.
UHF Repeater: Marshall asked Sharon to remove the UHF repeater form the insurance policy. Sharon said she will look into this and was not sure if it can be removed now or have to wait till renewal time. ( For those wondering about the UHF repeater this is owned by Marshall but has used the club call sign so we had another repeater. Reason for removal is that he is moving to another state and it’s  going with him).
Club Social: Bennie said that since he is not a member not sure if the club wants to do but so clubs have weekly get togethers. Is there a way that this club could start something like this. The club members talked about this and decided to meet the 14th Oct at 9am at the McDonald’s on Perryville road. This is for coffee or breakfast to socialize more.
RTTY Contest: Ken reported that he and John Wulf did a 48hr rtty contest which was a little demanding but with some of the results
coming in they did very well and could be place high on the list.
Receive Antenna: John said he just purchased a kit for this and has some soldering to do to finish. The information says it has a 12db gain on 160, 11 on 80 and 10 on40. Hope to have it done in time for the 160 contest.
The before meeting meal will be at Fazolis restaurant in Danville on Hustonville Road. Meet at 6pm to eat which is enough time before
the meeting start of 7:30pm at the Red Cross building.
Check out the web page www.wrarc.com
Marshall made the motion to close the meeting. John Lewis 2nd the motion and the meeting closed at 8:05pm
A reminder that we have a DEC meeting meal instead of a regular meeting. Start thinking of where you want to have this so it can be
talked about at the Nov meeting. It will be here faster than you think and we will have to check to make sure there will be room at
the location that is decided upon.
Submitted to the members of the WRARC
by Chris / KG4UQL
WRARC Secretary